Next Generation Pastor
The Next Generation Pastor will have the responsibility of directly leading our well-established student ministry. He will also support and work alongside the Children’s Ministry Director in our well-established children’s ministry to help implement an integrated path of spiritual growth from infancy through high school. He will eventually oversee the Children’s Ministry Director position.
Grace Community Church is a gathering of an intergenerational congregation with just under 500 members and regular attenders. We have approximately 65 middle and high school students along with a team of 15 adult volunteers serving in Grace Community Students. We have approximately 75 children along with a team of 55 adult and teenage volunteers serving in Grace Kids.
Positioned in Angier, NC, Grace is an hour from Raleigh and an hour from Fayetteville and Fort Bragg. Nearby towns are Fuquay-Varina, Lillington, and Buies Creek (home of Campbell University). Our area offers a wide variety of recreational, shopping, and dining options. Located outside of greater Raleigh, we are a growing church in a booming area.
Next Generation Pastor
The Next Generation Pastor will be a member of the church staff. The GCC staff is supervised by the Lead Pastor/Teaching Elder, who reports to the elders. The Next Generation Pastor will not serve on the elder board.
The Next Generation Pastor will have the responsibility of directly leading the 6th-12th grade student ministry. He will also support and work alongside the Children’s Ministry Director for an integrated path of spiritual growth from infancy through high school. He will eventually oversee the Children’s Ministry Director position.
- Meet biblical qualifications of a church elder as set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; and 1 Peter 5:2-3
- Agree with Grace Community Church’s purpose, doctrine, and positions as stated in the church constitution
- An undergraduate degree from a Christian college or an undergraduate degree with at least a year of seminary training; a seminary degree is desired, but not required.
- Experience in youth ministry
- Experience in leading adult volunteer teams
- Ordained or committed to Grace Community Church’s path for ordination
Duties and ResponsibilitiesRelating to Student Ministry:
- Lead weekly student worship gatherings
- Lead, recruit, train, and support the Student Ministry Leadership Team
- Develop and administer curriculum and overall teaching plan
- Plan, oversee, and be present for special youth group activities on and off campus, including but not limited to a winter event, fall and spring retreats, summer camp, and a summer mission trip
- Have regular communication with families and students involved in the Student Ministry
- Oversee and participate in the discipleship and care of Grace students in partnership with their families by meeting regularly with students and participating in home visits, hospital visits, and Christian counseling as necessary for students and their families
- Manage the Student Ministry Budget
- Support and work alongside the Children’s Ministry Director in his/her responsibilities of ministering to the children of Grace and their families. Eventually oversee the Children’s Ministry Director position.
- Support the Children’s Ministry Director in his/her continual recruitment and development of a ministry team
- Support the Children’s Ministry Director in his/her planning, coordinating, and execution of periodic special events for the children of Grace and their families
- Participate in the discipleship and care of Grace children by meeting regularly with parents for encouragement and by participating in home visits, hospital visits, and pastoral counseling as necessary for students and their families
- Other duties may be assigned until oversight is needed for the Children’s Ministry Director position
- Occasionally preach on Sunday mornings as assigned
- Participate, serve, and lead other church events as assigned (funerals, weddings, fellowship events, etc.)
- Participate in home visits, hospital visits, and pastoral counseling as needed outside of children and student ministry
The Next Generation Pastor position is a full-time position. The Next Generation Pastor should maintain consistent office hours to be agreed upon with the Lead Pastor. The nature of the position will require attendance at both Sunday services and other church events.
The Next Generation Pastor position is salaried, paid at the end of each month. The salary can be divided to include a housing allowance if ordained and business expenses to best meet the pastor’s personal and ministry needs (must be approved by the elders).
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to Ricky Lee, Pastor for Discipleship and Care, at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31st to apply.
*Click here to download a copy of the Next Generation Pastor job description.